User Tools

Site Tools


Milwaukee Makerspace Board of Directors Meeting - February 20th, 2020

Held at the Milwaukee Makerspace Entrance


  • Markus S
  • Kathy H
  • Carl S
  • Tim C
  • Faith F
  • Adrian V
  • Sarah D
  • Dan J
  • Tony
  • Jake B


  • Meeting called to order by Markus at 7:03PM

Review and approval of the Minutes of the previous meeting

  • Previous meeting minutes were approved by 7 in attendance.

Reports of Boards and Standing Committees

Treasurers Report

  • Find the current treasurer report here.
  • Update
    • Starting March 1st, those members who didn't pay in Feb will be deactivated and archived

Building Maintenance/Issues

  • Update
    • gutter above entrance door has a split that has caused icicles on fob reader

Reports of Special (Select) Committees

  • Carl is in contact with the Milwaukee Makers Market people and we are on the list for being a 2020 venue. He will continue to talk to them about holding a Milwaukee Makers Market at our location. Updates will start at the beginning of 2020
  • Update
    • No Spots are open, they did not contact us when it was time
    • Carl is giving a tour to some DNC 2020 staff members/event organizers on Feb 28th

Unfinished Business

Membership Engagement

  • Previous Status
    • Remember to suspend members before archiving them
    • Ideas:
      • Increase knowledge on classes available online or throughout space
      • Area champions sponsor events in their area with area funds
      • Makerspace facilitate classes by purchasing materials
      • See if members want to teach specific classes
      • Do we want to add a space for upcoming classes in the Tuesday meeting notes?
    • Add members-only board to the What Have You Been Hacking/Making email blast.
    • Direct Add members when signing them up to Members-Only board and Public Board
  • Updates
  • Meeting 500 (Apr 28th) is coming up, suggestion to plan something big for the members

Space Improvement Day

  • Last Status
  • 27 Attendees
  • Update
    • Reorganize Cosplay Room for easier access to power outlets.
    • Cleaning jewelry area
    • Welding exhaust fan needs to be cleaned
    • Extend water cooler hose

Bullet points/script for giving tours

Update member handbook and provide printed copy

  • Include something like a quick start guide of how to get trained?
  • Markus will look at handbook and edit it
  • Slide deck in wiki for new members
  • Solves: FAQ, Training questions, Cleaning, Lights, First aid

* Update

  • Need to print a small run of the brochures. Markus noticed a correction that needed to be made first.

Old Dumpster Pad

  • Updated as weather provides
  • Update
  • Holes were drilled by Markus to facilitate breakup of pad in spring

Board Member Retreat

  • Board retreat or weekend to discuss the changes with the new building and the structure of how we’ll be handling it
  • Sarah heading this retreat and planning
    • What are the goals?
    • What do we want to accomplish?
    • Structural and social issues to discuss?
  • Update
    • Waiting to find a facilitator

New Business

Air Compressor Service Call

  • Not made yet. Waiting for another failure to investigate cause.

Maker Faire 2020 Update

  • updates from Tim
    • moving from a non-profit company to a for-profit company hosting the Faire
    • Talk says it will stay a free faire for exhibitors and attendees
    • Looking at Sept 9-12 or in October sometime
    • Make rescinded the license from Betty Brinn

Tool Wall Proposal

  • Matt G asking to be the champion
  • general or hand tools area
  • wait for him to come to us in person and give his ideas
  • idea: possibly give one yearly set budget

Jewelry Area Rock Saw

  • removing the rock saw from the area
  • Joe will come and take the saw away

Stained Glass Area

  • making Bobby co-champion
  • Vote:
    • All 7 vote YES

Language of Dues Due Date

  • Clarifying that dues are late after the 1st
    • All vote YES to change the language

Other Items Discussed

  • Peter Lewis made co-champion of welding area
    • all vote YES



  • Meeting was adjourned at 7:57pm
boardmeetingagenda/2020-02-20.txt · Last modified: 2020/02/21 01:57 by wildapricot-finfrock_faith