User Tools

Site Tools


boardmeetingagenda:2016-10-20

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
boardmeetingagenda:2016-10-20 [2016/11/17 22:43]
kay
boardmeetingagenda:2016-10-20 [2016/11/18 00:41] (current)
keithm
Line 53: Line 53:
  
   * Joiner   * Joiner
-    * Adrian ​following up on this+    * Harvey ​following up on this
     * Update 10/20/16 donated items are at MMS and are being evaluated     * Update 10/20/16 donated items are at MMS and are being evaluated
  
Line 77: Line 77:
  
  === Kuka ===  === Kuka ===
-    ​* The board is in agreement that the Kuka is not serving wide enough use and intends to crowd source to the membership for contacts to then sell/remove from property. ​+  ​* The board is in agreement that the Kuka is not serving wide enough use and intends to crowd source to the membership for contacts to then sell/remove from property. ​
   * ** Previous status** ​   * ** Previous status** ​
-    * Jake is using the Kuka until August for his project 
     * Jake is paying $10/month for the space.     * Jake is paying $10/month for the space.
     * When the Kuka returns from Makerfaire it will be sold or disposed of     * When the Kuka returns from Makerfaire it will be sold or disposed of
   * Jake sent an email requesting that we hold on to it as a space tool.   * Jake sent an email requesting that we hold on to it as a space tool.
-  ​+  ​* No longer renting floor space 
 +  * Kuka is back from Maker Faire
  
  ==== Wood shop dust collection ====  ==== Wood shop dust collection ====
-     * No new updates - Brant is taking steps to move forward 
   * **Previous status**   * **Previous status**
     * "​Green"​ dust collector online     * "​Green"​ dust collector online
 +  * No new updates - Brant is taking steps to move forward
  
 ===== Unfinished Business ===== ===== Unfinished Business =====
  
  ==== Property tax exemption ====  ==== Property tax exemption ====
-    ​* BoD will continue to nag Tom (per Tom)+  ​* BoD will continue to nag Tom (per Tom)
   * ** Previous Status**   * ** Previous Status**
     * Our lawyer (Stephanie) has agreed to help us, but we have missed the window for this year. Tom and Stephanie will work on this later in the year for next year.     * Our lawyer (Stephanie) has agreed to help us, but we have missed the window for this year. Tom and Stephanie will work on this later in the year for next year.
Line 120: Line 120:
  
  ==== Member Survey ====  ==== Member Survey ====
-    ​* Survey is under review and membership should see release of survey soon. +  ​* Survey is under review and membership should see release of survey soon. 
   * **Previous status**   * **Previous status**
     * Carl volunteered to take this on, and sync up with Brant to get some input     * Carl volunteered to take this on, and sync up with Brant to get some input
-    * Lance forwarded the most recent member survey for reference 
  
  ==== Signs & Awnings Outside ====  ==== Signs & Awnings Outside ====
Line 138: Line 137:
      * The board discussed possibly making a larger area comprised of some of the smaller current areas.      * The board discussed possibly making a larger area comprised of some of the smaller current areas.
      * Board to look at this again in September/​October      * Board to look at this again in September/​October
-   Deferred - DL not present+  ​Project for next space improvement day
  
 ==== Long-term Budgeting ==== ==== Long-term Budgeting ====
Line 151: Line 150:
     * The board agreed to have a question on supporting Maker Faire 2017 on the annual survey     * The board agreed to have a question on supporting Maker Faire 2017 on the annual survey
     * Brant has one Maker Space that has expressed interest in a stipend - Lance responded     * Brant has one Maker Space that has expressed interest in a stipend - Lance responded
 +  * No further action until next maker faire
  
 ==== Member Free Storage Space ==== ==== Member Free Storage Space ====
Line 166: Line 166:
     * Consulting key fob records, it was determined that the members renting these vaults are not frequent users of the space     * Consulting key fob records, it was determined that the members renting these vaults are not frequent users of the space
     * Carl will draft an email that we can send to these members asking that they consider giving up their vaults     * Carl will draft an email that we can send to these members asking that they consider giving up their vaults
 +  * No futher action
  
 ==== Calendars / Class Signups / Events ==== ==== Calendars / Class Signups / Events ====
Line 177: Line 178:
  
 ==== Internet Service Proposal ====  ==== Internet Service Proposal ==== 
-  * Pete Maher present to discuss ​an internet proposal for Maker Faire +  * Pete Maher presented ​an internet proposal for Maker Faire at a previous meeting 
-    Pete owns a company that does wireless internet, is working ​on wireless for Maker Faire +  Tony was present and had not update ​on this 
-    Also interested in redoing the internet service for the Makerspace +  Will not be brought up again until we hear back from Pete
-    * Additionally would rework the wireless within the space including new access points +
-    * This would be in largely in exchange for recognition and being able to get good will with members +
-    * Tony will liaise with Pete on a proposal for the space+
  
 ==== Not-excellent Behavior ==== ==== Not-excellent Behavior ====
Line 193: Line 191:
   * Inter-meeting update   * Inter-meeting update
     * The board voted unanimously to formally warn Jim Rawson. Jim has been notified of the warning, and the membership notified.     * The board voted unanimously to formally warn Jim Rawson. Jim has been notified of the warning, and the membership notified.
 +  * No further action required
  
 ===== New Business ===== ===== New Business =====
boardmeetingagenda/2016-10-20.txt · Last modified: 2016/11/18 00:41 by keithm