User Tools

Site Tools


boardmeetingagenda:2015-10-15

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
boardmeetingagenda:2015-10-15 [2015/10/16 00:00]
dl [Legal/Financial]
boardmeetingagenda:2015-10-15 [2015/10/18 18:29] (current)
vrana54
Line 4: Line 4:
 Location: Craft Lab Location: Craft Lab
  
-Board Members Present:+Board Members Present: ​Lance L., Joe R., Vishal R., Dan J., Tom Gr.,  Deboralynn S. 
  
-Board Members Absent:+Board Members Absent: ​Felisha W.
    
 =====Meeting Started===== =====Meeting Started=====
- 
  
 =====Legal/​Financial===== =====Legal/​Financial=====
 **Treasurer'​s Report** **Treasurer'​s Report**
 +  * $3,600 were spent on Maker Faire, $2000 were spent on insurance this month 
  
   * **Previous Action Item**: Joe will talk to WE energies about our utility rates   * **Previous Action Item**: Joe will talk to WE energies about our utility rates
 +    * Step 1 is done, Step 2 is to fax the documents. Step 2 will be finished soon
     ​     ​
   * **Previous Action Item**: Dan to review Paypal accounts and what fees we can use now that we're a non profit - waiting on Paypal Customer Service   * **Previous Action Item**: Dan to review Paypal accounts and what fees we can use now that we're a non profit - waiting on Paypal Customer Service
 +    * No Updates on this topic. Dan has been spending his time on the Wild Apricot transition.
  
 +**Wild Apricot Transition**: ​
 +  * DL imported Keys. - Done. Will have storage info completed by 10/17
 +  * There will be a single sign on for wild apricot, makerspace wordpress site, and the wiki.
 +  * Dan will add a button on the site for the member portal
 +  * Dan mentioned that the transition has gone well
 +  * The rest of the membership will be transitioned this weekend
 +  * Dan will write a new cheat sheet for the sign up process
  
-**Wild Apricot Transition**: DL imported Keys. Done. Will have storage info completed by 10/17 +Tax Exemption has been setup for Weld Specialties 
 +* **Action Item for Lance** ​Write a thank you letter to our wonderful snow plower and offer tax exempt letter ​
  
 **Building ownership/​purchasing shares progress** **Building ownership/​purchasing shares progress**
 +  * The lawyer is compiling the paperwork 
 +  * The space will tentatively own the building by January 1st
  
 =====Policies/​Procedures===== =====Policies/​Procedures=====
   * Matt N. extra storage space: ​ CNC router in the Kuka room and cart in the east room.   * Matt N. extra storage space: ​ CNC router in the Kuka room and cart in the east room.
- +    * Matt has more than 100 sq ft. of floor storage. More than 100 sq. ft. is not allowed 
 +    * Matt was storing a project in the meeting room for 3 weeks without a green parking ticket 
 +    * His cart in the east room was larger than the allotted amount and was stored for longer than (3) months 
 +    * Matt signed his own parking ticket which is supposed to be only allowable by area champions and board members 
 +    * Matt will be sent a notice to abide by the storage policies and compress his storage space to a maximum of 100 sq. ft. 
 +    * **Action Item for DL** - She will write the letter to Matt
   ​   ​
 =====Building Topics===== =====Building Topics=====
   *  New camera system   *  New camera system
 +    * Scott S. needs more information
 +    * Dan will provide it
        
 =====Member/​Space Projects Update===== =====Member/​Space Projects Update=====
   * 4x8 CNC Plasma Cutter   * 4x8 CNC Plasma Cutter
     * **Previous estimated date for completion**:​ October 2015      * **Previous estimated date for completion**:​ October 2015 
 +      * Electronics were placed in a plastic cabinet instead of the metal one
  
   * Kuka   * Kuka
     * **Previous action item:** Joe will contact the Kuka donor to see if they want the control cabinet back      * **Previous action item:** Joe will contact the Kuka donor to see if they want the control cabinet back 
 +      * No response from the previous Kuka owner
 +      * **Action item for Joe** He will send a certified letter to the owner
  
   * Induction Furnace   * Induction Furnace
     * **Previous estimated date for completion:​** October 2015     * **Previous estimated date for completion:​** October 2015
- +      ​Tom made some progress on it 
-  ​Large format plotters+
  
   * Dust collection system   * Dust collection system
 +    * **Action Item for Vishal** - Follow up with communicators to Hastings Energy ​
        
 =====New equipment/​donations===== =====New equipment/​donations=====
   * Wood Lathe in the East Room   * Wood Lathe in the East Room
     * **Previous Action Item** ​ Joe will be taking it back     * **Previous Action Item** ​ Joe will be taking it back
 +      * It is gone!
  
 =====Events==== =====Events====
   * Space improvement day   * Space improvement day
 +    * The power wheels and plotter area will be deep cleaned
 +    * DL mentioned that the impound lot is getting smaller
  
   * New member orientation   * New member orientation
 +    * The participation has been very low
 +    * Joe mentioned that we should post posters
 +    * Tom will do the orientation this month
 +    * Vishal suggested switching it to Thursday night.
 +    * Tom suggested roving nights. Switch between Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.
 +    * Tom suggested that storage could be assigned at the end of the orientation ​
 +    * Lance mentioned that new members might have to wait almost a month before they get their shelves
 +    * Joe thinks it helps build the community
 +    * Lance suggested that maybe members shouldn'​t be able to sign up till they go through an orientation
 +    * Tom brought up the topic of a video recording the training instead
 +    * DL mentioned that she has some great software to do it
 +    * Vishal suggested that the video shouldn'​t be longer than 15 minutes
 +    * Tom and Lance are willing to do the voiceover
 +    * DL, Lance, and Tom will work on content
  
   * Safety   * Safety
 +    * Winter is coming
 +    * DL suggested a new rubber backed carpet for the main door
 +    * Joe inquired about renting the carpets so a service could replace and clean them for us
 +    * Joe suggests that we should get a 4x8
 +    * DL will send dollar numbers for carpet purchase
 +    * Tom mentioned that we should have carpets on the ramp as well. Rubber mats don't capture enough.
 +    * Tom will call a mat service to get some numbers
  
 =====Any topics from members who are present===== =====Any topics from members who are present=====
   * Discuss future of Power Wheels Area   * Discuss future of Power Wheels Area
 +    * Joe mentioned that the power wheels group felt like they were being kicked out instead of consolidating
 +    * DL mentioned that her conversation with the group members did not state that they were getting kicked out
 +    * Dan mentioned that a member brought a concern that a few other members are not using their rental space productively and simply use the space as a sorage facility
 +    * Lance said he can see where this person is coming from
 +    * Dan mentioned that floor spaces should not be only used for storage
 +    * Joe mentioned that the Power Wheels will take up whatever area is allocated to it. Therefore it is fine if their allocated space is reduced
 +    * DL mentioned that space allocation can be flexible.
 +    * Lance mentioned a tiered space storage system. The rental price goes up over time.
 +    * Joe mentioned that the vaults should be more expensive than a storage facility
 +    * Tom doesn'​t want to price out productive members
 +    * DL mentioned that storage space in Brookfield is $1.29/sq ft and $1.00/sq ft at the space
 +    * The power wheels area will be compressed to (3) pallets on space improvement day
 +    * Jon H. has requested that the area to be vacated be used for building Daleks for the next 3-4 months
 +    * Dan likes it as a medium terms Dalek facility
 +    * Dan mentioned that Tom's clock could have made good use of the space
 +    * Lance asked if that area could possibly serve as permanent group project space
 +    * Joe likes the idea but doesn'​t think we need to formalize anything
 +    * Tom doesn'​t think we need to define it as a group space
 +
 +  * **Vote** Reimburse Pete for up to $30 of ink and paper for BN Maker Faire - (5) voted yes, Joe voted no, Felisha was absent
 +
 +    * Joe suggested a CAD/​Computer station for the space
 +    * Dan suggested the pinball area
 +    * Lance mentioned that the ChipKit class would have gone smoother if computers were already setup with the correct software and drivers
 +    * Tom thinks that this is a good idea and we should think through it
 +    * Tom suggested putting it in one of the vaults
 +    * Joe mentioned that he liked that social aspect of having the tables in the classroom
 +    * Tom suggested putting the computers underneath the conference table
 +    * There will be more discussion on this topic.
  
boardmeetingagenda/2015-10-15.txt · Last modified: 2015/10/18 18:29 by vrana54