User Tools

Site Tools


boardmeetingagenda:2013-09-19

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
boardmeetingagenda:2013-09-19 [2013/09/20 01:05]
adam
boardmeetingagenda:2013-09-19 [2013/09/24 22:29] (current)
branth
Line 39: Line 39:
 ----------------- -----------------
 Notes Notes
 +-----------------
 +
 +  - Legal/​Financial:​
 +      - JasonG gave brief summary via email since he was available for the meeting
 +      - Pete to give JasonG Bucketwork donation info for BarCamp8
 +      - No abnormal expenditures recently or expected. ​
 +      - We dropped a couple members last month but picked up a few as well. 
 +      - JasonG said he'd prepare a Treasurer'​s Report this weekend.
 +  - Policies and Procedures:
 +      - Check on progress of Space Projects:
 +          - Ed's CNC Router
 +              - EdH not present
 +              - Progress has been noted in west Room
 +              - Broad will email him soon for an update
 +          - Kevin'​s HMMMMMM (said last month to check back in Sept.)
 +              - 5 surround speakers + MDF for boxes procured.  ​
 +              - Need to repossess Davids ~26" monitor + finish blog post
 +              - Pete to help shoot video, goal for completion by Oct 19th
 +              - Kevin said he would start paying for space if it was not ready by next Board Meeting
 +          - Guy's Electric Car/​Saab ​
 +              - JasonH emailed GuyL during the meeting for a status update
 +          - What's happening with that floor sweeper?
 +              - Agreed to sell it for scrap it
 +              - Not sure if batteries hold a charge
 +              - Brant said it does move and brushes sweep, not sure on rest of features
 +          - MattW indicated that GregK (former member) came and picked up his pallet of stuff
 +          - Kevin agreed to contact MKE Brewing Company re: their vault and membership expiring on 8/31
 +          - Brent & Jackie'​s screenprinting stuff
 +              - Moved out into hallway after meeting tonight
 +          - Free "space for cool projects"​ idea 
 +               - Little movement since it was last discussed
 +               - Can we go ahead and set aside the space for these things?  ​
 +                   - Unclear, no vote taken              - 
 +              - Can we make the Stage sections into big mobile tables for this area?
 +                   - Unclear, no vote taken
 +          - Makership ​
 +              - Still need update from GaryT
 +              - JasonH agreed to champion the Makership next 
 +              - It was suggested we offer Makerships every 3 months instead of only once a summer, group seemed receptive to the idea
 +  - New equipment/​donations:​
 +      - Dust Collection
 +          - Status update needed from TomGz
 +          - Tabled until next meeting
 +      - Re-organization of the Electronics Lab by Josh Zimmerman
 +          - Budget/​Funding request (tabled at last meeting, revisit now?)
 +          - Tabled until next meeting
 +      - Phone system for the space 
 +          - ChrisH was present, but nothing ready to discuss yet
 +          - MMS still only on the hook for cost of shipping & handling
 +  - Events:
 +      - Makerfest
 +          - Vishal working on permits
 +          - Kickstarter needs more promotion
 +          - Only about 50% of the way to our goal so far
 +          - Adam said nothing was needed from MMS or the BOD specifically at this time
 +  - Any topics from members who are present
 +      - Funds for the enclosure for the Kuka robot arm (MattN)
 +          - Plans and budget were presented
 +          - 15 foot by 19 foot enclosure
 +          - Some people were concerned about location of sliding door to the west would require 48" more clearance around the enclosure, impact on the electric care workspace
 +          - Vote was taken on max budget of $600 and approved ​
 +      - Membership limits/caps (MattW)
 +          - MattW indicated that increased membership is beginning to put a strain on training people in the metal shop
 +          - Screening/​application process could be tightened, we could become more selective or exclusive
 +          - Some people suggested only letting in X number of people per month, limit to 5 per month perhaps
 +          - Training could possibly be scheduled for one particular day per month
 +          - TonyW agreed to review NYC Resistor'​s application process and history of inducing new members
 +      - Training and Approved User Sign-Off Sheets (JoeR)
 +          - JoeR suggested the current Sign-Off Sheet system be revised or replaced
 +          - He would prefer to see lists of procedures and checklists used on specific equipment
 +          - He suggested QR codes with links to wiki, videos, tutorials, etc.
 +      - Remote Sensing Activity at the Space (ChrisH)
 +          - ChrisH would like a way to see if anyone is present in the building
 +          - Not a webcam necessarily
 +          - Extract data from access control system and indicate number of door swipes in last 30 minutes or something
 +          - Motion sensing also discussed briefly
 +          - TonyW and a few others expressed concern over privacy of information
 +          - Names and personal info should not be shared publicly
 +          - ChrisH was encouraged to discuss code and implementation with Royce and TonyW after the meeting
 +
 ----------------- -----------------
  
Line 69: Line 149:
  
 Kuka saftey walls: ​ Matt N has a detailed plan with drawings...impressive. ​ Proposed Cost: $600.  Board has approved the expenditure. 5 yes / 2 no (Kevin and JasonG, proxied thru Kevin) Kuka saftey walls: ​ Matt N has a detailed plan with drawings...impressive. ​ Proposed Cost: $600.  Board has approved the expenditure. 5 yes / 2 no (Kevin and JasonG, proxied thru Kevin)
- 
- 
- 
  
  
boardmeetingagenda/2013-09-19.txt · Last modified: 2013/09/24 22:29 by branth