User Tools

Site Tools


boardmeetingagenda:votingrecords2013

This is an old revision of the document!


Board of Directors - Voting Results for 2013


January 17th Topics

Item 1:
Vote to change 5% donation requirement to a suggestion only (commercial activity policy in by-laws/member agreement)

Item 2:
Vote to approve hosting of Art Jamboree event at Makerspace on March 29th

January 17th Item 1 Item 2
AdamC Approve Approve
BrantH Approve Approve
BrentB Approve Approve
JasonG Approve Approve
JasonH Approve Approve
KevinB Approve Approve
PeteP Approve Approve
Result Approved Approved

January 31st Topics

Item 1:
Vote to approve hosting Bay View Gallery Night event at Makerspace on May 31st

Item 2:
Vote to approve $2230 funding for Focus on Energy energy efficiency upgrades

Item 3:
Vote to approve $75 payment to previous owner's snow plow/shovel guy

Item 4:
Vote to approve up to $300 funding for networking and electrical wiring needs

Item 5:
Vote to create a new 'group' membership level, details yet to be determined

Item 6:
Vote to create a new 'veterans and active military' membership level, same rate and privileges as student level

Item 7:
Vote to set a maximum 4'-0“ height for walls/structures built around rental squares

*Voting conducted at meeting

January 31st Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 Item 4 Item 5 Item 6 Item 7
AdamC Approve Approve Approve Approve - Approve Oppose
BrantH Approve Approve Approve Approve - Approve Approve
BrentB Approve Approve Approve Approve - Approve Approve
JasonG Approve Approve Approve Approve - Approve Approve
JasonH Approve Approve Approve Approve - Approve Approve
KevinB Approve Approve Approve Approve - Approve Abstain
PeteP Approve Approve Approve Approve - Approve Approve
Result Approved Approved Approved Approved Tabled Approved Approved

March 21st Topics

Item 1:
Closed circuit camera system - vote yes for a camera system to be installed at Lenox or vote no, a system should not be installed

Item 2:
Camera system budget - vote yes for MMS to pay for it with a $300 limit or vote no, funding needs to be from somewhere else or cheaper

Item 3:
Trash pickup - vote yes to get either a bigger dumpster or more frequent service, which ever is cheaper or vote no to stay as-is

Item 4:
Operations Director/equipment lease forms - vote yes to put a deadline on the completion of equipment lease forms by next Board Meeting (April 4th) or hold Operation Director accountable, vote no to discuss other options

Item 5:
Vote to cancel tonight's Board Meeting

*Voting conducted via email

March 21st Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 Item 4 Item 5
AdamC Approve Approve Oppose, but review later Suggested eliminate position Approve
BrantH Approve Approve Approve Approve Oppose
BrentB Approve Approve Oppose Suggested enlisting more help Approve
JasonG Approve Oppose Abstain Abstain Approve
JasonH Approve Approve Indifferent Indifferent Indifferent
KevinB Oppose Oppose Oppose Approve Approve
PeteP Approve Approve Oppose, but review later Review other options Approve
Result Approved Approved Not Approved Not Approved Approved

April 4th Topics

Item 1:
Do we want to revisit vote on trash pickup now that we have pricing?
Current service: 2 yard dumpster, pick up every 2 weeks = $32 (before taxes/fees)
Option 1: Upgrade to 4 yard dumpster, pick up every 2 weeks = $49 (could throw out bigger stuff)
Option 2: Upgrade to pick up every week, keep same 2 yard dumpster = $64

Item 2:
JaneB has left and asked for a refund for the months she's already paid for.
Vote YES to refund her money or vote NO to discuss other options.

Item 3:
Email request came in asking if pets (a dog) would be allowed in the space. (This is not a service animal.)
Vote YES for dogs/pets OK if supervised in the Space or NO to discuss tonight.

Item 4:
KevinC asked that we consider a Senior Citizen Membership Level (55 and up or 65 and up) for $40/mo. similar to the veteran discount. Vote YES to consider it tonight or NO to dismiss it entirely.

*Voting conducted via email

April 4th Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 Item 4
AdamC Approve Approve Approve Opposed
BrantH Oppose, but review later Approve Oppose Approve, 65 and up (later agreed with Kevin on moratorium)
BrentB Oppose Approve Oppose Approve, 65 and up
JasonG Oppose Approve Oppose Oppose and suggest a moratorium on adding new levels until August
JasonH Oppose Approve Approve with owner supervision Approve
KevinB Oppose Approve Oppose Oppose and suggest a moratorium on adding new levels until August
PeteP Oppose Approve Oppose Oppose and suggest a moratorium on adding new levels until August
Result Not Approved Approved Not Approved Not Approved

May 3rd Topics

Item 1:
Trash Service Revisited - Vote to increase pick up to every week, keep same 2 yard dumpster

Item 2:
Vote to approve welding shop space improvement project, funding to be determined

Item 3:
Vote to allow a member to increase their floor rental space from 100 sq.ft. to 200 sq.ft. This member currently has an outstanding balance from past rentals.

*Voting conducted via email

May 3rd Item 1 Item 2 Item 3
AdamC Approve Commented, but no vote recorded Oppose, review again in a few months
BrantH Approve Approve with comments Approve
BrentB Approve Approve if Board majority approves Indifferent
JasonG Approve No vote recorded Oppose, settle balance first
JasonH Approve Approve (5/10) Approve
KevinB Approve Approve with comments Oppose, settle balance first
PeteP Approve Approve if Board majority approves Oppose, settle balance first
Result Approved Approved on 5/10 Oppose, settle balance first

May 16th Topics

Item 1:
Vote to collect money from donation jars and use as a petty cash fund for approved consumables/supplies; transactions will be tracked using a ledger or other method and receipts will be required, details to be discussed shortly

Item 2:
Request to change the By-Laws to allow the Board to change the By-Laws by Board vote in future
(If passed, the membership would be asked to vote on whether or not this change is acceptable. The vote would be announced on 5/21 and end 5/28. Later tabled via email discussion on Board List.)

Item 3:
If the membership approves the Board ability to change the By-Laws, the Board votes to institute a “three strikes” disciplinary policy. Complaints regarding a member are brought to the Board and the Board determines if a warning should be issued to the member in question. After three notices from the Board, the member is then called before the Board to discuss the concerns, breaches or policy, etc. Further disciplinary action or expulsion will be considered by the Board on a case-by-case basis.

Item 4:
Vote to allow KevinR to bring in his pan brake for bending sheet metal; location TBD.

Item 5:
Vote to allow JoeR to bring in a set of lockers for member use.

Item 6:
Vote to approve funding for a set of air compressor lines, to be installed by TomGz. Cost not to exceed $500 and relocate one proposed drop from the East Room to the garage door in the West Room. (After the meeting TomGz. indicated that the cost would actually be $800 for 3/4” hose not $500; the price of 3/8“ hose.)

Item 7:
Vote to approve $50 for Bay View Gallery Night refreshments.

*Voting conducted at meeting

May 16th Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 Item 4 Item 5 Item 6 Item 7
AdamC Approve Approve Approve Approve Approve Approve $500 Approve
BrantH Approve Approve Approve Approve Approve Approve $500 Approve
BrentB Absent, no proxy given
JasonG Approve Approve Approve Abstain Approve Approve $500 Approve
JasonH Approve Approve Approve Approve Approve Approve $500 Approve
KevinB Approve Approve Approve Approve Approve Approve $500 Approve
PeteP Absent, proxy given to Brant
Result Approved Approved (see text above) Approved, pending revisions to By-Laws Approved Approved Approved $500 Approved

May 20th Topics

Item 1:
Vote to host a one-hour tour for employees of a local manufacturing firm at the Makerspace - most likely on Wednesday, August 14th between 5pm - 6pm. 40 or so attendees expected.

Item 2:
Vote to allocate $800 for TomGz. to buy and install air compressor lines; not $500 as previously approved (the $500 was based on 3/8” lines and we need 3/4“)

Item 3:
Vote for MMS to match Bay View Art Guild's contribution of $50-75 for hiring a band to play at the May 31st Bay View Gallery Night event.

*Voting conducted via email

May 20th Item 1 Item 2 Item 3
AdamC Not yet answered Approve (5/28) “whatevs”
BrantH Approve Approve Approve
BrentB Approve Approve “if we are not tight on funds” Approve
JasonG Not yet answered Not yet answered Approve
JasonH Approve Approve Approve
KevinB Approve Approve (5/28) Approve
PeteP Approve Approve Approve
Result Approved Approved Approved

May 31st Topic

Item 1:
Vote to either
A) pay to repair the 60-watt laser cutter,
B) match member donations up to half of cost of repairs, or
C) leave it up to members to fund repairs.

*Voting conducted via email
*It should be noted that JasonG voiced concern about allowing all Board Members to vote/discuss in the future. The group agreed.

May 31st Item 1
AdamC Option B
BrantH Option B
JasonG Option C
JasonH Option B
KevinB No response
PeteP Option B
Result Approved

June 11th Topic

Item 1:
Vote to send an email to the member's only forum reminding folks that non-payment of dues means they are considered a guest. Guests are not permitted to use tools and equipment and should not enter the building unless a guest of another member.
Item 2:
Vote to send a formal warning to a member about violations of MMS policies and procedures including gaining access to the building and using tools without being up to date with dues.

*Voting conducted via email

June 11th Item 1
AdamC Approve Approve
BrantH Approve Approve
JasonG Approve Approve
JasonH Reject Approve
KevinB Modify, then approve Modify, then approve
PeteP Approve Approve
Result Approved Approved

June 20th Topics

Item 1:
Vote to allow free Space-related project storage/workspace in East Room provided they obtain Board approval prior to beginning work. Members would be required to define a time line / time limit. All space allocations will be up for review at each monthly board meeting when time limit reached. Members can ask for extensions at that time.

Item 2:
Vote to allow gift memberships to be purchased for others.

Item 3:
Vote to change height restrictions on member storage carts to whatever fits under the pallet racking.

*Voting conducted in-person, at meeting

June 20th Item 1 Item 2 Item 3
AdamC Approve Reject Approve
BrantH Approve Reject Approve
JasonG Approve Reject Approve
JasonH Approve Reject Approve
KevinB Absent, proxy given to AdamC
MattW Approve Reject Approve
PeteP Approve Reject Approve
Result Approved Rejected Approved

Sept. 19th Topic

Item 1:
Vote to approve $600 max budget for wood framing, etc. for Kuka enclosure as proposed by MattN
*Voting conducted at meeting

May 31st Item 1
AdamC Approve
BrantH Approve
JasonG Proxy to Kevin
JasonH Approve
KevinB Reject
PeteP Approve
Result Approved

boardmeetingagenda/votingrecords2013.1380059918.txt.gz · Last modified: 2013/09/24 21:58 by branth