User Tools

Site Tools


boardmeetingagenda:2022-01-20

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
boardmeetingagenda:2022-01-20 [2022/01/21 00:37]
wildapricot-campbell_timothy
boardmeetingagenda:2022-01-20 [2022/01/21 02:48] (current)
wildapricot-reid_william
Line 1: Line 1:
-====== Milwaukee Makerspace Board of Directors Meeting - November 18th2021 ======+====== Milwaukee Makerspace Board of Directors Meeting - January 20th2022 ======
  
 ====== Agenda ====== ====== Agenda ======
Line 29: Line 29:
 == Present == == Present ==
   * Tim C   * Tim C
 +  * Faith F
 +  * Marcus S
 +  * Bill R
 +  * Jeff M
 +  * Alden H
 +  * Chris T  
  
  
Line 35: Line 41:
  
 == Guests == == Guests ==
-  *  +  * Mike T 
- +  * Tony 
 +  * Dan J 
 +  * Shaun M 
 +  * Jake B 
 +  * Charlie P
  
 ==== Previous Minutes ==== ==== Previous Minutes ====
-  * Meeting called to order by Tim at:+  * Meeting called to order by Tim at: 7:04 PM 
 +  * December minutes approved unanimously 
  
 ==== Current Financial Projections ==== ==== Current Financial Projections ====
-  * Update from Jeff M +  * Update from Jeff M and posted  
-  * Membership is currently ; Minimum was ~240 during Covid.+  * Membership is 401 on 1/1/2022; Minimum was ~240 during Covid.
  
 ====== Ongoing Business ====== ====== Ongoing Business ======
Line 50: Line 60:
 ==== Marquette SAE Team ==== ==== Marquette SAE Team ====
   * They need to reup at the end of the month   * They need to reup at the end of the month
 +  * Tim C will reach to them
  
 ==== Norwich Lease ==== ==== Norwich Lease ====
-  * Signed? Done?+  * Contract agreed upon. 
 +  * To be signed by both parties
  
 ==== Maker Faire Milwaukee ==== ==== Maker Faire Milwaukee ====
   * Carrie and Stacey no longer involved   * Carrie and Stacey no longer involved
-  * Back at State Fair Park+  * Will be back at State Fair Park
  
 ==== Make 48 ==== ==== Make 48 ====
-  * I desperately need help prepping the membership - Tim +  * Tim C supports MMS participation and requests help developing communication of the pros and cons to send to the membership
-  * I can be completely involved, but I'm very tired of communicating to the membership+
  
 ==== Space Improvement Day ==== ==== Space Improvement Day ====
-  * Do we bother this month?+  * Scheduled for Saturday, January 29th  
 +  * Spread attendees out at both buildings 
 +  * General deep clean at Lenox and Norwich 
 +  * Craft lab expansion at Lenox coordinated by Faith F 
 +  * Box lunches (coordinated by Faith F)
  
 ==== Membership Engagement ==== ==== Membership Engagement ====
Line 76: Line 91:
   * Vote to change rule to reflect the above proposal   * Vote to change rule to reflect the above proposal
     * Tim C will alert the membership of the proposed change     * Tim C will alert the membership of the proposed change
-  * **No action taken, BOD vote slated to occur at December meeting, to be implemented in new year**</del>+  * **No action taken, BOD vote slated to occur at December meeting, to be implemente d in new year**</del>
  
-  * No progress, COVID kinda slowed us all down 
  
 === Event Proposal === === Event Proposal ===
   * Date of Trivia Night   * Date of Trivia Night
-    * 1Q proposed+    * On hold for now
  
 === Membership Signup Materials === === Membership Signup Materials ===
-<del>  * Tim 7/8ths through script for new member video+<del>  * Tim 7/8ths through script for new member video 
     * Upon completion will do rough recording for commentary/feedback     * Upon completion will do rough recording for commentary/feedback
-    * Will break up information between the 2 tours and signup video (goal: have video be ~10 minutes long)</del>+    * Goal is to break up information between the 2 tours and signup video (goal: have video be ~10 minutes long)
  
-  * Tim burnt out, may or may not have bandwidth to update in the future+  * Alden will review the script and provide feedback
  
  
 ====== New Business ====== ====== New Business ======
  
 +  * Vote to buy brooms for Norwich - Unanimous 
  
 ==== Pre-Planned Discussions ==== ==== Pre-Planned Discussions ====
   * Hayden Hendersen's Interview Request   * Hayden Hendersen's Interview Request
 +    * Wants to survey Board members on MakerSpace launch, growth, etc for their Masters
  
   * COVID Updates   * COVID Updates
-    * Board to Reiterate their positions BEFORE group input +    * Stay the course with Mask Mandate. 
-    * Group inputIndividuals to be limited to 5 minutes, maxSelf-governance will be requested+ 
 +  * What is the root of frustration? 
 +    * Tim's Theory/observation: emotional and administrational strain on select leader members 
 +      * Potential Causes:  
 +              * Covid 
 +              * High number of new members and rate of growth 
 +              * 2 buildings; duplicate areas 
 +              * Need for new area champions and future Board members? 
 +                  * Potentially have machine champions (e.g. Tormach, Wood Lathes)? 
 +              * Too much of the load being carried by too few 
 + 
 + * Area funding 
 +   * Potentially raise area funding from $1/area to $1/50/area? 
 +   * Discussion on need to increase area funding to support areas in both buildings. 
 +   * Tim C/President will send out message every 6 months to membership to ask them to re-look at their funding allocation to ensure it aligns with their current use. 
 + 
 +   * ACTION: Tim C will send out message to members stating the Board will vote next week to raise the area funding from $1/area to $1.50/area every month. 
  
-  * What is the root of this frustration? 
-    * Tim's Theory: emotional and administrational strain 
 ==== Member Topics ==== ==== Member Topics ====
  
 + 
  
 ===== Close ===== ===== Close =====
  
-  * Meeting was adjourned at: +  * Meeting was adjourned at: 8:45 PM
  
  
boardmeetingagenda/2022-01-20.1642725453.txt.gz · Last modified: 2022/01/21 00:37 by wildapricot-campbell_timothy