User Tools

Site Tools


boardmeetingagenda:2019-10-17

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
boardmeetingagenda:2019-10-17 [2019/10/18 00:43]
wildapricot-finfrock_faith [Attendees]
boardmeetingagenda:2019-10-17 [2019/10/18 00:50] (current)
wildapricot-finfrock_faith
Line 25: Line 25:
  
 ====== Minutes ====== ====== Minutes ======
-  * Meeting called to order by xxx at x:xxPM+  * Meeting called to order by Markus ​at 7:01PM
  
 ===== Review and approval of the Minutes of the previous meeting ===== ===== Review and approval of the Minutes of the previous meeting =====
-  * Previous meeting minutes were approved by in attendance.+  * Previous meeting minutes were approved by in attendance.
  
 ===== Reports of Boards and Standing Committees ===== ===== Reports of Boards and Standing Committees =====
Line 36: Line 36:
  
 * **Update**  ​ * **Update**  ​
-  *+  *Unusually good month 
 +  *Next month may take a big dip but for the insurance payment 
   ​   ​
 ==== Building Maintenance/​Issues ==== ==== Building Maintenance/​Issues ====
Line 44: Line 46:
   * Carl is in contact with the Milwaukee Makers Market people and we are on the list for being a 2020 venue. He will continue to talk to them about holding a Milwaukee Makers Market at our location.   * Carl is in contact with the Milwaukee Makers Market people and we are on the list for being a 2020 venue. He will continue to talk to them about holding a Milwaukee Makers Market at our location.
  
 +* **Update** 
 +  * There won’t be an update until the end of the year when their list comes out
  
 ===== Unfinished Business ===== ===== Unfinished Business =====
Line 60: Line 63:
    
   * **Updates**   * **Updates**
-    * +    *  add a space for upcoming classes in the tuesday meeting 
 +      * The area champion or class holder could update the on the wiki 
    
 ==== New Flooring Proposal ==== ==== New Flooring Proposal ====
Line 67: Line 72:
     * roll of vinyl in kitchen area. Gets us about ⅔ of th way. Cathy C asking if they have more so we can complete it      * roll of vinyl in kitchen area. Gets us about ⅔ of th way. Cathy C asking if they have more so we can complete it 
   * **Update**   * **Update**
-    *  +    * possible 200 sq ft from Dan L, vinyl planks
- +
-     +
-==== New Building/​Makerspace Annex ==== +
-  * **Last Status** +
-    * Tom G was issued a Letter of intent +
-    * Rezoning and drawings in progress +
-    * Waiting on City to determine how they will handle land situation +
-    * City Council has voted yes to giving us the building for $1 +
-    * Things are moving forward with St. Francis building. Closing schedule in next 1-2 weeks. +
-  * **Update** +
-    * +
    
  
Line 88: Line 82:
       * We can do what we want as long as its nice art and we can check with the facing neighbors ourselves       * We can do what we want as long as its nice art and we can check with the facing neighbors ourselves
   * **Update**   * **Update**
-    * +    *  Kathy H, Carl and Pete will research on how to move forward with this 
 +      * What we need 
 +      * What will be painted 
  
 ==== Space Improvement Day ==== ==== Space Improvement Day ====
Line 104: Line 101:
     * 18 months of storage. Markus will email the membership     * 18 months of storage. Markus will email the membership
   * **Update**   * **Update**
-    *  +    * Markus calls a vote 
 +      * Pete: YES  
 +      * Markus: YES  
 +      * Kathy: YES  
 +      * Faith: YES 
 +      * Carl: NO 
 +      * Billy: 
 +      * Steff: 
  
 ==== Bullet points/​script for giving tours ==== ==== Bullet points/​script for giving tours ====
Line 130: Line 135:
     * Slide deck in wiki for new members     * Slide deck in wiki for new members
     * Solves: FAQ, Training questions, Cleaning, Lights, First aid     * Solves: FAQ, Training questions, Cleaning, Lights, First aid
 +  * **Update**
 +    * On Markus’s to do list
 +    * Need to print a small run of the brochures
  
  
- 
-==== Reinstating members previously removed by the Board==== 
-    * Adding a new line on the sign up sheet to check off if they'​ve been a member before 
-    * Markus wants to add a list of members who we should be wary of signing up again 
-    * new procedure write-up for signing up members ​ 
-    * Markus added the list of members who we should be wary of in the Wild Apricot add a member 
- 
-  * **Update** 
-    *  
- 
-    
  
 ==== Old Dumpster Pad==== ==== Old Dumpster Pad====
Line 148: Line 145:
     * It’ll be in the fall when Cathy’s dad has slow time at work     * It’ll be in the fall when Cathy’s dad has slow time at work
   * **Update**   * **Update**
-   +    *Markus drilled into the pad and suggests that we just let winter and the ice break up the pad 
 +    *Tim will see if there are any Milwaukee Tools that can help
        
 ====Revisit the issue of "​Commercial Work"​==== ====Revisit the issue of "​Commercial Work"​====
Line 154: Line 152:
     * ** Implement a "High Score" board to help expose tool usage data to the membership at large **     * ** Implement a "High Score" board to help expose tool usage data to the membership at large **
     * Dan J.     * Dan J.
-    ​* I think it would be helpful for member engagement if we could expose more data about tool usage. +    ​
-    * I would like to send out an automated email once a month, like the area funding email, containing "Most productive maker" awards. That shows who has been using each tool the most. +
-    * I would also add a page to the website that contains "High Scores",​ for the current month, the highest ever month, and the highest cumulative all time usage. +
- +
 ===== Spending Area Funding ===== ===== Spending Area Funding =====
     * Markus or Andy becoming Electronics Area Champion to spend the money and stock things that are missing     * Markus or Andy becoming Electronics Area Champion to spend the money and stock things that are missing
Line 166: Line 160:
       * Markus= Abstains       * Markus= Abstains
       * Billy, Carl = Missing       * Billy, Carl = Missing
 +===== Maker Faire Funding =====
 +    * Need to vote on replenishing the outreach fund to $1,963
 +      * Vote:
 +      * Markus: YES
 +      * Pete: YES
 +      * Kathy: YES
 +      * Carl: YES
 +      * Faith: YES
  
 ===== Liability Insurance ===== ===== Liability Insurance =====
Line 172: Line 174:
       * They have automatically added "DATA DEFENDER COVERAGE"​ Which protects against computer hacks/​identity theft. This is $186       * They have automatically added "DATA DEFENDER COVERAGE"​ Which protects against computer hacks/​identity theft. This is $186
       * Our renewal cost is $4,515 a year, this is an increase of a few hundred dollars.       * Our renewal cost is $4,515 a year, this is an increase of a few hundred dollars.
 +
 +    * **Update**
 +      * Waiting on the insurance to come back
  
 ===== Misc Topics ===== ===== Misc Topics =====
Line 186: Line 191:
  
 ===== New Business ===== ===== New Business =====
-    ​+    ​*  Markus: 
 +      * Board retreat or weekend to discuss the changes with the new building and the structure of how we’ll be handling it 
 +      * Hapto is willing to help us plan this retreat, she has experience with this kind of stuff 
 + Need to look into dates after the fall elections 
 + 
  
 ===== Announcements ===== ===== Announcements =====
Line 192: Line 202:
  
 ===== Close ===== ===== Close =====
-  * Meeting was adjourned at x:xxpm+  * Meeting was adjourned at 7:42pm
  
  
boardmeetingagenda/2019-10-17.txt · Last modified: 2019/10/18 00:50 by wildapricot-finfrock_faith