User Tools

Site Tools


boardmeetingagenda:2019-05-16

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
Last revision Both sides next revision
boardmeetingagenda:2019-05-16 [2019/05/16 23:10]
raster
boardmeetingagenda:2019-05-16 [2019/05/21 23:27]
wildapricot-finfrock_faith [Space Improvement Day]
Line 20: Line 20:
   * Bill W.   * Bill W.
   * Tom G.   * Tom G.
 +  * Dan J. 
    
  
Line 26: Line 27:
  
 ===== Review and approval of the Minutes of the previous meeting ===== ===== Review and approval of the Minutes of the previous meeting =====
-  * Previous meeting minutes were approved by in attendance.+  * Previous meeting minutes were approved by in attendance.
  
 ===== Reports of Boards and Standing Committees ===== ===== Reports of Boards and Standing Committees =====
Line 34: Line 35:
   * We may want to discuss the wisdom of paying a CPA to file on our behalf. We did this several years ago and it cost us $300 per year.   * We may want to discuss the wisdom of paying a CPA to file on our behalf. We did this several years ago and it cost us $300 per year.
   * If we do not, we should make a greater effort to review our filing with multiple people before sending to avoid a recurrence.   * If we do not, we should make a greater effort to review our filing with multiple people before sending to avoid a recurrence.
 +* **Update** ​  
 +  *CPA worked for us pro bono and said she will work with us in the future 
 +  *7 Voted yes on Dan J. being assistant treasurer
   ​   ​
 ==== Building Maintenance/​Issues ==== ==== Building Maintenance/​Issues ====
Line 44: Line 47:
   * Issues with archived members being able to pay online   * Issues with archived members being able to pay online
   * Old/problem members signing up again and that process   * Old/problem members signing up again and that process
-  * How do we deal with members who autopay late or on an irregular basis 
   * Keep training up to date on irregular members   * Keep training up to date on irregular members
  
Line 53: Line 55:
   * **Previous Status**   * **Previous Status**
     * Empowering members. Gift cards or other recognition for going above and beyond.     * Empowering members. Gift cards or other recognition for going above and beyond.
-    * Another newsletter will be sent +
- +
   * **Updates**   * **Updates**
-    * TBD+    * Remember to suspend members before archiving them 
 +    * Ideas: 
 +      * Increase knowledge on classes available online or throughout space 
 +      * Events to get members together such as a grill out day 
 +      * Ice cream social is a possibility 
 +      * Area champions sponsor events in their area with area funds 
 +      * Makerspace facilitate classes by purchasing materials 
 +      * See if members want to teach specific classes
  
  
Line 68: Line 76:
     * Make it clear that if a member accepts payment for the class, they are no longer covered by the space'​s liability insurance and should buy their own.     * Make it clear that if a member accepts payment for the class, they are no longer covered by the space'​s liability insurance and should buy their own.
     * Does not apply to guests working on personal projects.     * Does not apply to guests working on personal projects.
-    ​Waiting on flooring to be ordered +  * **Update*
-    * Progress on new building land+    * Wiki has not been updated
  
-  ​* **Flooring**+==== New Flooring Proposal ==== 
 +  ​* **Last Status**
     * all 6 vote approval for flooring     * all 6 vote approval for flooring
     * 700 dollars for flooring est.      * 700 dollars for flooring est. 
 +  * **Update**
 +    * Waiting on Kyle to order flooring
 +    * Dan J. will purchase flooring and request repayment from board
  
-  ​* **New building**+==== New Building/​Makerspace Annex ==== 
 +  ​* **Last Status**
     * Tom G was issued a Letter of intent     * Tom G was issued a Letter of intent
     * Rezoning and drawings in progress     * Rezoning and drawings in progress
 +  * **Update**
 +    * Waiting on City to determine how they will handle land situation ​
  
-  * **Lighting /Graffiti**+==== Lighting /​Graffiti ​==== 
 +  * **Last Status**
     * Exterior Building lighting - Tom G     * Exterior Building lighting - Tom G
     * Lighting the side of building attempt to reduce graffiti also talk to neighborhood ​     * Lighting the side of building attempt to reduce graffiti also talk to neighborhood ​
     * Big LED light was acquired that can be aimed.     * Big LED light was acquired that can be aimed.
 +  * **Update**
 +    * Tom G waiting on an electrician to come by
 +    * Idea of a mural for the outside wall
 +      * need approval from city
 +      * Carl and Steff heading this
  
-  * **Maker Faire Milwaukee**+==== Maker Faire Milwaukee ​==== 
 +  * **Last Status**
     * Update from Pete P.     * Update from Pete P.
     * Maker Faire is in downtown Milwaukee at the Wisconsin Center District     * Maker Faire is in downtown Milwaukee at the Wisconsin Center District
     * Postcards are ready and available to hand out     * Postcards are ready and available to hand out
- +  ​* **Update** 
- +    * Venue looks good 
-==== Space Improvement Day ==== +    * Loading dock is large enough for semi trailer 
-  ​* **Last Status** +    Working with parking structures for $5 all day parking 
-    * +    ​Waiting on outdoor approval and makers 
- +    * Pete to research Enterprise truck rental discount
-  * **Spring Elections** +
-    * Steff and Carl elected members at large+
  
   * **Maker Faire funding requests**   * **Maker Faire funding requests**
Line 105: Line 125:
     * Waiting on the plan for the 5K toward the Outreach Program until there is a budget outline     * Waiting on the plan for the 5K toward the Outreach Program until there is a budget outline
     * Need to notify members about the funding request form     * Need to notify members about the funding request form
 +==== Space Improvement Day ====
 +  * **Last Status**
 +    *
 +  * **# Attendees**
 +    * 
 +  * **Update** ​
 +    * Light in alley on building needs to be replaced
 +    * possibly have a smaller one before Bay View Gallery Night
 +  * **Spring Elections**
 +    * Steff and Carl elected members at large
 +
 +
  
  
 ===== New Business ===== ===== New Business =====
  
-* ** Storage ​optins**<​html>​+* ** Storage ​options**<​html>​
 <span style="​color:​red;"><​sup>​M.S.</​sup></​span>​ <span style="​color:​red;"><​sup>​M.S.</​sup></​span>​
 </​html>​ </​html>​
Line 172: Line 204:
  
 ===== Close ===== ===== Close =====
-  * Meeting was adjourned at #:##pm+  * Meeting was adjourned at 8:03pm
  
  
boardmeetingagenda/2019-05-16.txt · Last modified: 2019/05/21 23:30 by wildapricot-finfrock_faith