User Tools

Site Tools


boardmeetingagenda:2015-12-17

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
boardmeetingagenda:2015-12-17 [2015/12/18 06:20]
vrana54 [December 17, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes]
boardmeetingagenda:2015-12-17 [2015/12/18 06:28] (current)
vrana54
Line 15: Line 15:
     * Utilities are lower the usual. $928 instead of approximately $1,300     * Utilities are lower the usual. $928 instead of approximately $1,300
     * Carl has questioned by a member how the donation box and allocation money is spend     * Carl has questioned by a member how the donation box and allocation money is spend
-    * Lance clarified that we don't monitor ​how the money goes in and out of the donation bin+    * Lance clarified that we don't monitor the that money goes in and out of the donation bin
     * We don't have a system for tracking this spending     * We don't have a system for tracking this spending
-    * Lance said that we need to start sharing how much money each area has from the allocation+    * Lance said that we need to start sharing how much money each area has from the member ​allocation
     * Carl asked about IRS reporting for purchasing blades and whatnot     * Carl asked about IRS reporting for purchasing blades and whatnot
     * Dan and Tom said that we just need to report in broad categories     * Dan and Tom said that we just need to report in broad categories
Line 31: Line 31:
   * Change/​re-define funding areas   * Change/​re-define funding areas
     * Building Purchase -> Building Fund     * Building Purchase -> Building Fund
-      * Lance asked if we were clear on what Building Fund means+      * Lance asked if we were clear on what "Building Fund" ​means
       * Vishal thinks it is infrastructure funds       * Vishal thinks it is infrastructure funds
       * DL thinks it means O&M funds       * DL thinks it means O&M funds
-      * Dan thinks the redefinition doesn'​t help reduce the voting frequency+      * Dan thinks the redefinition doesn'​t help reduce the board voting frequency
       * Vishal asked if we can leave it unallocated       * Vishal asked if we can leave it unallocated
       * Dan said that we already have an excess for an O&M budget so we don't need to redefine it       * Dan said that we already have an excess for an O&M budget so we don't need to redefine it
Line 41: Line 41:
       * DL said that some people suggested that we could have a category for cleaning or whatnot       * DL said that some people suggested that we could have a category for cleaning or whatnot
       * Tom suggested sending an email to members for more categories       * Tom suggested sending an email to members for more categories
-      * Lance suggested that maybe a fund for new carpet would be fine but not carpet O&M. O&M is necessary +      * Lance suggested that maybe a fund for new carpet would be fine but not carpet O&M. O&M is necessary ​and non-negotiable for the space 
-      * Vishal suggested that we remind people every Tuesday +      * Vishal suggested that we remind people ​about allocation ​every Tuesday 
-      * DL suggested that when we sign up new members, we should have them sign up +      * DL suggested that when we sign up new members, we should have them allocate funds 
-      * **Vote-** Change the default Wild Apricot allocation option from building purchase to building fund - (2) yes, (4) no, (1) abstain+      * **Vote-** Change the default Wild Apricot allocation option from building purchase to building fund - (2) yes (Lance L.,DL), (4) no (Vishal R., Dan J., Tom Gr., Carl S.), (1) abstain ​(Joe R.)
     * CNC Area?  How does this relate to the wood shop?     * CNC Area?  How does this relate to the wood shop?
-      * Steve, who is the champion of both areas, doesn'​t see the wood shop be the space as the CNC area. He likes them +      * Steve, who is the champion of both areas, doesn'​t see the wood shop be the space as the CNC area. He would prefer ​them as (2) different entities
       * Lance wants to get clarification on what the CNC area is (bridgeport. plasma cutter)       * Lance wants to get clarification on what the CNC area is (bridgeport. plasma cutter)
-      * Tom think CNC area with confuse people. We might call it the CNC Router Area +      * Tom think CNC area with confuse people. We should ​call it the CNC Router Area 
-      * **Vote-** (6)yes, (1)abstain+      * **Vote-** ​Add a category for CNC Router Area to Wild Apricot allocation ​(6)yes, (1)abstain ​(Joe R.)
     * Do we add metal finishing as a category?     * Do we add metal finishing as a category?
       * Dan thinks we can add it and let the funds accrue till we have an area champion       * Dan thinks we can add it and let the funds accrue till we have an area champion
       * Lance suggest that we add call for area champions ​       * Lance suggest that we add call for area champions ​
-      * **Vote-** (6)yes, (1)abstain+      * **Vote-** ​Add a category for metal finishing area to Wild Apricot allocation ​(6)yes, (1)abstain ​(Joe R.)
  
-  * Funding area status? ​ How do area champions know how much money they have available? 
   ​   ​
 **Building ownership/​purchasing shares progress** **Building ownership/​purchasing shares progress**
-  * Lawyer ​had ordered a title search+  * Lawyer ​has ordered a title search
   * Won't be a problem closing by the end of the month   * Won't be a problem closing by the end of the month
-  * Tom asked if we would like to do a party.  +  * Tom asked if we would like to throw closing ​party.  
-  * **Vote-** Allocate $200 for a building purchase party on Jan 1st, 2016. (6) yes, (1) abstain+  * **Vote-** Allocate $200 for a building purchase party on Jan 1st, 2016. (6) yes, (1) abstain ​(Joe R.)
  
 =====Policies/​Procedures===== =====Policies/​Procedures=====
Line 72: Line 71:
   *  **New camera system - what is the status?**   *  **New camera system - what is the status?**
     * Scott needs a diagram for wiring and current locations. He has the cameras in his living room.     * Scott needs a diagram for wiring and current locations. He has the cameras in his living room.
-  * Building purchase - status and closing.  ​ 
        
 =====Member/​Space Projects Update===== =====Member/​Space Projects Update=====
   * 4x8 CNC Plasma Cutter   * 4x8 CNC Plasma Cutter
     * **Previous estimated date for completion**:​ October 2015     * **Previous estimated date for completion**:​ October 2015
-      * No Updates. Joe is absent ​+      * No Updates. Joe is absent ​from the meeting
  
   * Kuka   * Kuka
Line 85: Line 83:
   * Induction Furnace   * Induction Furnace
     * **Previous estimated date for completion:​** October 2015     * **Previous estimated date for completion:​** October 2015
-      * Need a new transformer.  ​+      * Furnace melted itself. ​Need a new transformer.  ​
  
   * Dust collection system   * Dust collection system
     * Tom may have a lead for ducting     * Tom may have a lead for ducting
-    * DL said that there is a blower for grabs +    * DL said that there is a blower ​up for grabs 
-    * Brant is making cyclone ​+    * Brant is making cyclone ​dust collector
        
 =====New equipment/​donations===== =====New equipment/​donations=====
Line 98: Line 96:
   * Updated name of this section to add "​communications"​   * Updated name of this section to add "​communications"​
   * Should we make a new tri-fold for the '​space?​   * Should we make a new tri-fold for the '​space?​
-    * Carl said he would do that but will it be an effective tool +    * Carl said he would do that but questions if it will be an effective tool 
-    * Tom said that we can use it once a month +    * Tom said that the tri folds will be effective at craft fairs, etc. which happen atleast ​once a month 
-    * Carl questions if a tri-fold is the best way to communicate. Maybe a display is better+    * Carl questions if a tri-fold is the best way to communicate. Maybe a display is better/
     * Vishal said that it should be easy to carry     * Vishal said that it should be easy to carry
     * **Action Item-** Carl will work on tri-fold     * **Action Item-** Carl will work on tri-fold
Line 110: Line 108:
  
   * Space improvement day   * Space improvement day
-    * Not having an official one this month+    * Not having an official one this month doe to the holidays
  
   * New member orientation   * New member orientation
boardmeetingagenda/2015-12-17.txt · Last modified: 2015/12/18 06:28 by vrana54