User Tools

Site Tools


boardmeetingagenda:2015-10-15_draft

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
boardmeetingagenda:2015-10-15_draft [2015/10/16 02:01]
vrana54
boardmeetingagenda:2015-10-15_draft [2015/10/16 11:23] (current)
vrana54
Line 12: Line 12:
 =====Legal/​Financial===== =====Legal/​Financial=====
 **Treasurer'​s Report** **Treasurer'​s Report**
-  * $3,600 were spent on Maker Faire, $2000 were spent on insurace ​+  * $3,600 were spent on Maker Faire, $2000 were spent on insurance this month 
  
   * **Previous Action Item**: Joe will talk to WE energies about our utility rates   * **Previous Action Item**: Joe will talk to WE energies about our utility rates
-    * Step 1 is done, Step 2 is to fax it+    * Step 1 is done, Step 2 is to fax the documents. Step 2 will be finished soon
     ​     ​
   * **Previous Action Item**: Dan to review Paypal accounts and what fees we can use now that we're a non profit - waiting on Paypal Customer Service   * **Previous Action Item**: Dan to review Paypal accounts and what fees we can use now that we're a non profit - waiting on Paypal Customer Service
-    * No Updates on this topic. Dan has been spending his time on WA.+    * No Updates on this topic. Dan has been spending his time on the Wild Apricot transition.
  
 **Wild Apricot Transition**: ​ **Wild Apricot Transition**: ​
   * DL imported Keys. - Done. Will have storage info completed by 10/17   * DL imported Keys. - Done. Will have storage info completed by 10/17
   * There will be a single sign on for wild apricot, makerspace wordpress site, and the wiki.   * There will be a single sign on for wild apricot, makerspace wordpress site, and the wiki.
-  * Dan will a button on the site for the member portal+  * Dan will add a button on the site for the member portal
   * Dan mentioned that the transition has gone well   * Dan mentioned that the transition has gone well
   * The rest of the membership will be transitioned this weekend   * The rest of the membership will be transitioned this weekend
   * Dan will write a new cheat sheet for the sign up process   * Dan will write a new cheat sheet for the sign up process
-  ​* Tax Exemption has been setup for Weld Specialties + 
-  * **Action Item for Lance** - Write a thank you letter to our wonderful snow plower and offer tax exempt letter ​+* Tax Exemption has been setup for Weld Specialties 
 +* **Action Item for Lance** - Write a thank you letter to our wonderful snow plower and offer tax exempt letter ​
  
 **Building ownership/​purchasing shares progress** **Building ownership/​purchasing shares progress**
Line 38: Line 39:
     * Matt has more than 100 sq ft. of floor storage. More than 100 sq. ft. is not allowed     * Matt has more than 100 sq ft. of floor storage. More than 100 sq. ft. is not allowed
     * Matt was storing a project in the meeting room for 3 weeks without a green parking ticket     * Matt was storing a project in the meeting room for 3 weeks without a green parking ticket
-    * His cart in the east room was larger than the allotted amount and was stored for longer than (3) weeks +    * His cart in the east room was larger than the allotted amount and was stored for longer than (3) months 
-    * Matt signed his own parking ticket which is only allowable by area champions and board members+    * Matt signed his own parking ticket which is supposed to be only allowable by area champions and board members
     * Matt will be sent a notice to abide by the storage policies and compress his storage space to a maximum of 100 sq. ft.     * Matt will be sent a notice to abide by the storage policies and compress his storage space to a maximum of 100 sq. ft.
     * **Action Item for DL** - She will write the letter to Matt     * **Action Item for DL** - She will write the letter to Matt
Line 51: Line 52:
   * 4x8 CNC Plasma Cutter   * 4x8 CNC Plasma Cutter
     * **Previous estimated date for completion**:​ October 2015      * **Previous estimated date for completion**:​ October 2015 
-      * Electronics were placed in a plastic cabinet+      * Electronics were placed in a plastic cabinet ​instead of the metal one
  
   * Kuka   * Kuka
     * **Previous action item:** Joe will contact the Kuka donor to see if they want the control cabinet back      * **Previous action item:** Joe will contact the Kuka donor to see if they want the control cabinet back 
       * No response from the previous Kuka owner       * No response from the previous Kuka owner
-      * **Action item for Joe** He will send a certified letter+      * **Action item for Joe** He will send a certified letter ​to the owner
  
   * Induction Furnace   * Induction Furnace
Line 73: Line 74:
   * Space improvement day   * Space improvement day
     * The power wheels and plotter area will be deep cleaned     * The power wheels and plotter area will be deep cleaned
-    * Dan would like to clean the power wheels area 
     * DL mentioned that the impound lot is getting smaller     * DL mentioned that the impound lot is getting smaller
  
   * New member orientation   * New member orientation
     * The participation has been very low     * The participation has been very low
-    * Joe mentions ​that we should post posters +    * Joe mentioned ​that we should post posters 
-    * Tom will do it this month+    * Tom will do the orientation ​this month
     * Vishal suggested switching it to Thursday night.     * Vishal suggested switching it to Thursday night.
-    * Tom suggested roving nights +    * Tom suggested roving nights. Switch between Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. 
-    * Tom mentioned ​that storage ​will be assigned at the end of the orientation ​+    * Tom suggested ​that storage ​could be assigned at the end of the orientation ​
     * Lance mentioned that new members might have to wait almost a month before they get their shelves     * Lance mentioned that new members might have to wait almost a month before they get their shelves
     * Joe thinks it helps build the community     * Joe thinks it helps build the community
     * Lance suggested that maybe members shouldn'​t be able to sign up till they go through an orientation     * Lance suggested that maybe members shouldn'​t be able to sign up till they go through an orientation
-    * Tom brought up the topic of a video recording the training+    * Tom brought up the topic of a video recording the training ​instead
     * DL mentioned that she has some great software to do it     * DL mentioned that she has some great software to do it
     * Vishal suggested that the video shouldn'​t be longer than 15 minutes     * Vishal suggested that the video shouldn'​t be longer than 15 minutes
Line 97: Line 97:
     * Joe inquired about renting the carpets so a service could replace and clean them for us     * Joe inquired about renting the carpets so a service could replace and clean them for us
     * Joe suggests that we should get a 4x8     * Joe suggests that we should get a 4x8
-    * DL will send dollar numbers for mat purchase +    * DL will send dollar numbers for carpet ​purchase 
-    * Tom mentioned that we should carpets on the ramp as well. Rubber mats don't capture enough.+    * Tom mentioned that we should ​have carpets on the ramp as well. Rubber mats don't capture enough.
     * Tom will call a mat service to get some numbers     * Tom will call a mat service to get some numbers
  
Line 104: Line 104:
   * Discuss future of Power Wheels Area   * Discuss future of Power Wheels Area
     * Joe mentioned that the power wheels group felt like they were being kicked out instead of consolidating     * Joe mentioned that the power wheels group felt like they were being kicked out instead of consolidating
-    * DL mentioned that she had informed them adequately +    * DL mentioned that her conversation with the group members did not state that they were getting kicked out 
-    * Dan mentioned that a member brought a concern that a few other members are not using their rental space productively+    * Dan mentioned that a member brought a concern that a few other members are not using their rental space productively ​and simply use the space as a sorage facility
     * Lance said he can see where this person is coming from     * Lance said he can see where this person is coming from
-    * Joe doesn'​t think we should make the change ​ 
     * Dan mentioned that floor spaces should not be only used for storage     * Dan mentioned that floor spaces should not be only used for storage
-    * Joe mentioned that the Power Wheels will take up whatever area is allocated to it+    * Joe mentioned that the Power Wheels will take up whatever area is allocated to it. Therefore it is fine if their allocated space is reduced
     * DL mentioned that space allocation can be flexible.     * DL mentioned that space allocation can be flexible.
-    * Lance mentioned a tiered space storage system. The rent price goes up over time+    * Lance mentioned a tiered space storage system. The rental ​price goes up over time.
     * Joe mentioned that the vaults should be more expensive than a storage facility     * Joe mentioned that the vaults should be more expensive than a storage facility
     * Tom doesn'​t want to price out productive members     * Tom doesn'​t want to price out productive members
     * DL mentioned that storage space in Brookfield is $1.29/sq ft and $1.00/sq ft at the space     * DL mentioned that storage space in Brookfield is $1.29/sq ft and $1.00/sq ft at the space
-    * The area will be compressed to (3) pallets on space improvement day +    * The power wheels ​area will be compressed to (3) pallets on space improvement day 
-    * Jon H. has requested that area to be used for building ​Dalek in the next 3-4 months+    * Jon H. has requested that the area to be vacated ​be used for building ​Daleks for the next 3-4 months
     * Dan likes it as a medium terms Dalek facility     * Dan likes it as a medium terms Dalek facility
-    * Dan mentioned that Tom's clock would have good use for the space +    * Dan mentioned that Tom's clock could have made good use of the space 
-    * Lance asked if that would be a good project space +    * Lance asked if that area could possibly serve as permanent group project space 
-    * Joe likes the idea but there may be a time overlap+    * Joe likes the idea but doesn'​t think we need to formalize anything
     * Tom doesn'​t think we need to define it as a group space     * Tom doesn'​t think we need to define it as a group space
  
   * **Vote** Reimburse Pete for up to $30 of ink and paper for BN Maker Faire - (5) voted yes, Joe voted no, Felisha was absent   * **Vote** Reimburse Pete for up to $30 of ink and paper for BN Maker Faire - (5) voted yes, Joe voted no, Felisha was absent
  
-    * Joe suggested a cad/computer ​station for the space+    * Joe suggested a CAD/Computer ​station for the space
     * Dan suggested the pinball area     * Dan suggested the pinball area
-    * Lance mentioned that the ChipKit would have gone smoother if computers were already setup +    * Lance mentioned that the ChipKit ​class would have gone smoother if computers were already setup with the correct software and drivers 
-    * Tom thinks we should think through it+    * Tom thinks ​that this is a good idea and we should think through it
     * Tom suggested putting it in one of the vaults     * Tom suggested putting it in one of the vaults
-    * Joe mentioned that he liked that social aspect of it+    * Joe mentioned that he liked that social aspect of having the tables in the classroom
     * Tom suggested putting the computers underneath the conference table     * Tom suggested putting the computers underneath the conference table
 +    * There will be more discussion on this topic.
    
boardmeetingagenda/2015-10-15_draft.txt · Last modified: 2015/10/16 11:23 by vrana54