User Tools

Site Tools


boardmeetingagenda:2015-07-16

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
boardmeetingagenda:2015-07-16 [2015/07/14 23:13]
dl [Legal/Financial]
boardmeetingagenda:2015-07-16 [2015/07/31 14:08] (current)
vrana54
Line 4: Line 4:
 Location: Craft Lab Location: Craft Lab
  
-Board Members Present: ​ +Board Members Present: ​All (7) present
    
 =====Meeting Started===== =====Meeting Started=====
Line 12: Line 11:
 =====Legal/​Financial===== =====Legal/​Financial=====
 **Treasurer'​s Report** **Treasurer'​s Report**
 +    * $18,000 was moved from checking to savings account 
 + 
   * **Previous Action Item**: Joe will talk to WE energies about our utility rates   * **Previous Action Item**: Joe will talk to WE energies about our utility rates
 +    * Joe reported that we can get rid of taxes on our utility. That will amount to a monthly savings of $100.
        
   * **Previous Action Item**: Joe and Dan to review Paypal, Square, etc accounts and what fees we can use now that we're a non profit   * **Previous Action Item**: Joe and Dan to review Paypal, Square, etc accounts and what fees we can use now that we're a non profit
     * No updates on this item     * No updates on this item
 +
 +  * Dan asked about status of area champion budget requests
 +  * Joe mentioned that we need membership input into deciding budget allocation
 +  * Lance thinks that membership will understand the disparity in budget allocation ​
 +  * Joe proposes that membership should be able to allocate funds to different areas
 +  * Dan talked about how this could be implemented in Wild Apricot
 +    * **Action Item** Dan will implement memerbship payment in wild apricot
 +  * Dan mentioned that area champion should be able to directly use the donation from the donation boxes 
 +  * **Vote** to remove locks from donation boxes - All (7) vote yes
 +  * Receipts from all purchases by area champion should be returned to the donation boxes or handed to the treasurer.
  
 **Wild Apricot testing** **Wild Apricot testing**
   * **Previous Action Item:** DL will update Wild Apricot splash page with wiki page,etc. (on hold by DL until privacy issues are addressed)   * **Previous Action Item:** DL will update Wild Apricot splash page with wiki page,etc. (on hold by DL until privacy issues are addressed)
   * **Previous Action Item:** DL is going to create do transition instructions (on hold by DL until privacy issues are addressed)   * **Previous Action Item:** DL is going to create do transition instructions (on hold by DL until privacy issues are addressed)
 +  * Dan and DL still agree that we should keep going forward with Wild Apricot
   * Wild Apricot funding needs to move over to the space credit card going forward or cancelled.   * Wild Apricot funding needs to move over to the space credit card going forward or cancelled.
-  +  * **Vote** to pay for 1 year Wild Apricot subscription - All (7) votes yes 
 +  * **Action Item:** Vishal to export keys from google app engine from Wild Apricot
  
   
 **Building ownership/​purchasing shares progress** **Building ownership/​purchasing shares progress**
-   +  ​* Tom shared the draft email for purchase ​ 
-   ​+  * Lance suggested that we should all read the email and provide feedback in (1) week 
 +     
 =====Policies/​Procedures===== =====Policies/​Procedures=====
  
   * Question has been raised about time limit on warnings. Should a warning from 3 years ago still count towards suspension or at some point does the counter start over?   * Question has been raised about time limit on warnings. Should a warning from 3 years ago still count towards suspension or at some point does the counter start over?
 +    * Lance mentioned that (1) year has been the informal time limit
 +    * Tom mentioned that it takes a lot to get (3) warnings
 +    * Joe mentioned that someone with (4) suspensions is likely not a good fit for the organization
 +    * Tom doesn'​t think we need a sunset
 +    * DL asked for clarification about bylaws relative to this subject
 +    * Lance clarified the suspension and termination guidelines in bylaw
 +    * Felisha mentioned that the last warning took a lot of discussion and argument and that is a good thing
 +    * Tom agrees with Felisha'​s statement
 +    * Lance mentioned that board doesn'​t need to wait for (3) warnings before suspending a member  ​
 +    * Felisha mentioned that it is up to the discretion of the board
 +    * **Vote** to reaffirm current policies and procedures - All (7) votes yes
   * Concern has been raised raised that BOD members are not held to the same standards as members. There is the concern that some bod members are being given a free pass when they behave poorly.   * Concern has been raised raised that BOD members are not held to the same standards as members. There is the concern that some bod members are being given a free pass when they behave poorly.
 +    * Charles mentioned previously that Vishal was not furnished a warning upon an indicent
 +    * Felisha told him that Vishal was actually given a public warning
 +    * Lance mentioned that board members have received 33% of warnings.
 +    * Felisha that with almost 200 members, we are going to have interpersonal issues and just yelling shouldn'​t result in a warning
 +    * DL agreed with Felisha'​s statement
 +    * Joe mentioned that board members and others members have yelled at each other 
   * Request to rescind warning given to Charles and to re-instate as electronics area champion.   * Request to rescind warning given to Charles and to re-instate as electronics area champion.
 +    * DL mentioned that Charles'​ previous warning was issued based on an single incident
 +    * Charles doesn'​t believe he was given enough opportunity to defend himself
 +    * Lance mentioned Charles was actually given an audience by the whole board to defend himself
 +    * **Vote ** for no change to Charles'​ warning and area champion status - all (7) vote yes
  
- 
-  
-  
 =====Building Topics===== =====Building Topics=====
   * Electric Kiln Ventilation - done   * Electric Kiln Ventilation - done
   ​   ​
   * New camera system   * New camera system
 +      * Dan is having a hard time purchasing compatible equipment because we bought a very specific camera system
 +      * Joe inquired about compatibility of cameras with DVR
 +      * Dan mentioned that we have very specific cameras that are not compatible with most systems
 +      * Scott Swanson will bring in this own system and see if it works with out system
  
   * "Who to Call" sheets located around building need to be updated. (2) out of (4) people listed are no longer board members.   * "Who to Call" sheets located around building need to be updated. (2) out of (4) people listed are no longer board members.
-      * **Previous Action Item:** Adrian and Maureen will update the who to call sheets.+      * **Previous Action Item:** Adrian and Maureen will update the who to call sheets. ​**Action Item Completed**
   
   * **Previous Action Item Lance** will put together a new questionnaire for equipment usage   * **Previous Action Item Lance** will put together a new questionnaire for equipment usage
 +    * No updates yet
   ​   ​
 =====Member/​Space Projects Update===== =====Member/​Space Projects Update=====
   * 4x8 CNC Plasma Cutter   * 4x8 CNC Plasma Cutter
     * **Previous estimated date for completion**:​ July 2015      * **Previous estimated date for completion**:​ July 2015 
 +    * It now cuts metal
 +    * need to feed it G-code ​
 +    * New date for completion - August 2015
 +    * Joe has been conversing with members about consumables
 +    * DL mentioned that we could have consumables under lock and key for training purposes
 +    * Joe mentioned that members could be handed a kit of consumables when they are trained
 +    * Joe mentioned a maker store
 +    * Dan thinks it should not be a board level decision
 +    * Tom agrees with the idea of consumable kit 
 +    * Lance said that Chris H. has though about vending machine
 +    * Tom doesn'​t think it has to be sophisticated
 +    * Vishal mentioned an honor system
 +    * Felisha mentioned that soda incident
 +    * Lance mentioned that Honor system hasn't worked in his previous experiences
 +    * Lance mentioned a bounty to implement such a system
 +    * Tom said that they could keep profits - that is the bounty ​
 +    * Vishal mentioned that BBCM's BAM has one
 +    * Lance mentioned that it doesn'​t feel like board wants to implement anything. Tool owners can choose as necessary
 +    * Board actively welcomes a member run maker store. ​
  
   * 4x8 CNC Router   * 4x8 CNC Router
     * **Previous estimated date for completion:​** July, 2015     * **Previous estimated date for completion:​** July, 2015
 +    * Steve is making a dust shoe
 +    * Tom is getting trained on it 
  
   * Kuka   * Kuka
     * **Previous action item:** Joe will contact the Kuka donor to see if they want the control cabinet back      * **Previous action item:** Joe will contact the Kuka donor to see if they want the control cabinet back 
 +    * No updates
   ​   ​
   * "Red Dragon"​ RA-1F Vertical Mill   * "Red Dragon"​ RA-1F Vertical Mill
 +    * It is completely operational
 +    * several people are trained on it now
  
   * Induction Furnace   * Induction Furnace
     * **Previous estimated date for completion:​** July 2015     * **Previous estimated date for completion:​** July 2015
 +    * still needs wiring and connection
 +    * New completion date - October 2015
  
    * Large format plotters    * Large format plotters
     * **Previous Action Item** BBCM will inspect grey printer and follow up with DL     * **Previous Action Item** BBCM will inspect grey printer and follow up with DL
 +      * BBCM is not interested
 +      * No interest when posted on craigslist
 +      * will be donated to ReStore
 +      * Joe asked if we should put it in impound lot
 +      * **Vote** to put it in impound lot - all (7) vote yes
  
   * New Green Vaccuum Former   * New Green Vaccuum Former
 +    * Area champion Dan requested consumables
 +    * Dan mentioned that board doesn'​t approve consumables
 +    * Tom agreed
 +
 +  * Dust collection system
 +    * will be discussed in more detail at the next board meeting since we are waiting for proposal ​
        
 =====New equipment/​donations===== =====New equipment/​donations=====
   * Wood Lathe in the East Room   * Wood Lathe in the East Room
 +    * Joe asked Steve if he wants it in the wood shop Steve declined
 +    * Joe will be taking it back 
 +  * Table saw
 +    * It is installed and connected
 +    * Dust collection port is also installed
 +    * Old table saw will be going away
  
 =====Events===== =====Events=====
   * **Previous Action Item**: Joe mentioned holding a summer science fair   * **Previous Action Item**: Joe mentioned holding a summer science fair
     * Lance will talk to Colleen to see if she wants to make it happen     * Lance will talk to Colleen to see if she wants to make it happen
 +      * No updates
   ​   ​
   * Sunday, the 26th is the space improvement day    * Sunday, the 26th is the space improvement day 
 +    * 4-5 people are needed to clean the woodshop
 +    * Lance mentioned that we need to deep clean one area a month
 +    * DL mentioned that we need eye wash stations
 +    * DL suggested putting an eye wash kit and a first aid kit near each fire extinguisher
 +    * Tom mentioned that we currently have (15) fire extinguishers
 +    * Joe mentioned that we could put first aid in every bathroom
 +    * Tom suggested (1)-(2) big eye wash station in the building and a single use kit near each fire extinguisher
 +    * Lance mentioned a Defibrillator
 +    * DL suggested (15) single use eye wash stations, (1)-(2) larger eye wash station, and (1) first aid in each area 
 +    * Lance mentioned that we have (4) first aids already ​
 +    * **Vote** to approve a $100 budget to purchase more first aid kits - all (7) vote yes 
 +    * **Vote** to approve a $100 budget to purchase single use eye wash kits - all (7) vote yes
  
   * New member orientation on August 1st   * New member orientation on August 1st
 +    * Tom said he will do it this month
 +
 +  * Safety
 +    * DL mentioned we need spares fire extinguished for rotations when some are getting recharged  ​
 +    * Dk remarked that need signs for fire extinguisher signs
 +    * Tom has (2) spare 20 lbs fire extinguishers that he will bring in 
  
 =====Any topics from members who are present===== =====Any topics from members who are present=====
 +  * Maker Faire Party
 +    * **Vote** to approve a $200 budget for saturday night maker faire party - all (7) vote yes
 +  * Policy for non payment
 +    * Several rental space members have been paying late regularly
 +    * Tom suggested that they could lose right to storage space for a year
 +    * Felisha mentioned that if they are late and there is no waiting list, they are not inconveniencing anybody
 +    * Lance mentioned that they could go to back of line if there is a waiting list 
 +    * **Vote:** Effective August 1st - (3) late payments for rental space (After 1st of the month) over rolling (12) month period, results in forfeiture of rental space for locations where there is a waiting list for - Payments will be applied to  membership fees, before they are applied to rental space dues - All (7) vote yes
 +
 +
   ​   ​
boardmeetingagenda/2015-07-16.txt · Last modified: 2015/07/31 14:08 by vrana54